John D. Taylor's Velvet Falernum
About John D. Taylor's Velvet Falernum
John D. Taylor's Velvet Falernum: 750ml & 22 Proof
As a fan of the Velvet Underground, I figured I had to try John D. Taylor's Velvet Falernum. It turns out, they have absolutely nothing to do with each other. But, you live and you learn, and you discover an amazing cocktail ingredient!
What do you get when you ask the world's greatest rum maker, R. L. Seale (see our R. L. Seale's Finest Barbados 12-Year Rum), to make the ultimate complement to aged rums? The answer is John D. Taylor's Velvet Falernum. From the daiquiri to the mojito, it can take cocktails to new heights with rich almond, spice, and sweet notes.
In the hands of a passionate cocktailer, John D. Taylor's Velvet Falernum is a Swiss Army Knife, slicing and dicing cocktails with new complexity and depth of flavor.
The word from Anders on John D. Taylor's Velvet Falernum:
Velvet Falernum is spicy and sweet with notes of vanilla, lime, and ginger. I love the added depth it offers to tikis.
We've heard very good things about this cocktail:
Main Ingredient: Nutmeg
Country of Origin: Trinidad And Tobago
Too hard to choose? Send a gift card.
Please drink responsibly. CA Residents: Proposition 65 Warning.
- Owen W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 21 - 24I'm More Into: Cocktails AND SippingMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) RumI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 out of 5 starsJohn D. Taylor's Is NON EXISTANT in my area!
Thankfully Curiada came through with the best possible customer service!!!Best ForRated -1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- Lise B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64I'm More Into: CocktailsMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Rum, VodkaI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 out of 5 starsNew to me
This was not on my radar at all until I found a recipe containing it. How fun! I’m going to try more cocktails with this.Best ForRated -2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- JAY H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productI'm More Into: Cocktails AND SippingAge Range 45 - 54My Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Whiskey, GinI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 out of 5 starsStaple of Tiki drinks
Wonderful and pretty powerful flavors in this. Quite sweet as well. Used mostly in what would be called "tiki" cocktails. I found BG Reynolds Falernum (non-alcoholic syrup) is a fairly close match flavor-wise but looks terrible LOL. Also, this will be shelf stable, basically forever.Best ForRated -2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MJ J.Verified BuyerI recommend this productI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 out of 5 starsA cocktail must-have.
Started using this in nearly every tiki drink, and it's become a bar staple for me. Absolutely delicious.Best ForRated -2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- ChrisVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 starsThis mixer packs a lot of flavor!
So first things first, this liqueur is not intended to be imbibed on its own -- without anything else to support it, it is cloyingly sweet, heavy on clove and other spices, with a little lime thrown in. When mixed however, these flavors evolve and shine and support your base in beautiful ways! You might be able to roll your own but if you can get your hands on this you'll have an excellent addition to a cocktail with little effort. Definitely recommended!
Gift message (optional)