R.L. Seale’s Finest Barbados 12 Year Rum + La Trova Old Fashioned Cocktail Kit
Curiada is now offering some of Shaker & Spoon's most popular cocktail kits, spirits included!
Each kit delivers a complete cocktail experience with the specialty ingredients you need included—syrups, bitters, garnishes, aromatics, and more. Plus we send you a full-size bottle of an excellent craft rum! Kits and spirits are sold together but ship separately.
About La Trova Old Fashioned Cocktail Kit featuring R.L. Seale’s Finest Barbados 12 Year Rum
This deeply delicious and elevated riff on an old-fashioned features rich, full flavors delivered by top-quality ingredients, like Scrappy's Chocolate Bitters and R.L. Seale's 12 Year Aged Rum. So come on down to Cuba, where the vibes are strong and the coffee is too!
- (1) 750ml bottle of R.L. Seale's Finest Barbados 12 Year Rum
- 4 fl oz cafecito syrup
- 1/2 fl oz Scrappy's Chocolate Bitters
- 3 ml aromatic orange oil
- 1 bag coffee beans
- 1 Japanese-style jigger with inner measurement markings
- Recipe card with detailed step-by-step instructions
- Enough for 8 drinks
About R.L. Seale’s Finest Barbados 12 Year Rum
Tropically aged on-site in Barbados for a minimum of 12 years at the legendary Foursquare Rum Distillery, helmed by the perhaps even more legendary Richard Seale. Never any added flavors or sugars. Mixes up a mean cocktail, but also truly exceptional sipped on its own. Taste rum as it was intended to be.
About La Trova Old Fashioned Cocktail Kit
Cuba’s drinking culture has deep roots and has been dutifully carried through generations by cantineros—highly skilled bartenders with dashes of Cuban cultural ambassadorship mixed in. Julio Cabrera, this cocktail's creator, is a proud leader of the movement in the US and his La Trova Old Fashioned thoroughly reflects the vibrant spirit of his homeland. The flavors of rum, espresso, and chocolate make for a bold and earthy combination offset by the uplifting aromas from orange oil and grated coffee bean.
Julio is known for his infectious personality and mouth-watering cocktails. He co-owns Cafe La Trova, a traditional 1950s-style Cuban bar and restaurant in Miami.
Please note: Kits are fulfilled by Shaker & Spoon and ship separately from spirits. You will receive two separate tracking numbers via email. USPS priority shipping is included in the price of the kit. Standard flat-rate shipping costs apply to spirits, unless stated otherwise.
Too hard to choose? Send a gift card.
Please drink responsibly. CA Residents: Proposition 65 Warning.
- Devon H.Verified BuyerReviewingR.L. Seale’s Finest Barbados 12 Year RumI recommend this productI'm More Into: Cocktails AND SippingMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Rum, Cognac, Whiskey, ScotchI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 out of 5 starsPretty Neat Rum
I got this as number 3 based rum for cocktails from the Smuggler's Cove book and I quite enjoy the flavor. It has a fun brown butter with hints of caramel for the nose. And for the taste, the barrel really comes through bringing in some flavorful burnt sugar notes. Almost reminiscent of a long aged, light corn whiskey. It works neat or in a cocktail. I always keep a bottle at the home bar.Best ForRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- Mike W.Verified BuyerReviewingR.L. Seale’s Finest Barbados 12 Year RumI recommend this productAge Range 45 - 54I'm More Into: Cocktails AND SippingMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Rum, WhiskeyI Bought This For MyselfRated 3 out of 5 starsR.L. Seale's
It was just okay. Better then most but still not up to the hype.Best ForRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
Gift message (optional)