Sea Fog Rum Cocktail Kit
About Sea Fog Rum Cocktail Kit from Shaker & Spoon
Curiada is now offering some of Shaker & Spoon's most popular cocktail kits, optionally paired with the recommended spirit.
Each kit delivers a complete cocktail experience that makes enough for 4 drinks, which means that everything you need—syrups, bitters, garnishes, aromatics, and more—is included in the kit; you just add the liquor.
Priority USPS shipping is included in this item's pricing. If spirits are also purchased, shipping for spirits will be charged separately, as spirits and kits ship separately. In this case, you will receive two separate tracking numbers via email.
The Sea Fog Rum Cocktail Kit Includes:
- 4 fl oz honey-ginger syrup
- 1 dram liquid smoke
- 1 dram tobacco bitters (contain no actual tobacco)
- 12 fl oz yuzu soda
- 8 squares nori
- 4 cubes candied ginger
- 4 bamboo cocktail picks
- recipe card with detailed step-by-step instructions
- Enough for 4 drinks—just add lightly aged blended rum, like Probitas!
- Prep note: This cocktail calls for preparing a nori infusion 24 hours ahead (all ingredients and instructions provided).
An infusion of nori connects rum's mighty maritime roots with smokiness and the flavors of ginger and yuzu bubbling under the surface.
Rum and the open ocean . . . a relationship that began aboard many a ship at the dawn of the spirit and continues today in festive fashion as a staple at idyllic waterside watering holes. Alex Velez, creator of the Sea Fog, honors this union in a direct but unexpected way—with a daylong infusion of nori. This new subtle foundation of rich, oceanic flavor is joined on its journey in the direction of Japan by lively ginger and yuzu, before a faint plume of smoke and tobacco bitters anchors this satisfying blend to the depths for a chill night of tasty sipping.
Alex got his start in the hospitality industry in Puerto Rico before moving to Chicago in 2005. He’s created bar concepts for multiple venues over the last 17 years and was recently a competitor on the first season of Netflix’s Drink Masters!
Curiada recommends Foursquare Probitas White Blended Rum for this cocktail. It brings a boatload of flavor to the party!
Each Shaker & Spoon cocktail kit features a fantastic original cocktail recipe created by an industry-recognized bartender. Regular winners of Tales of the Cocktail's Spirited Awards and spots on the World's 50 Best Bars list are often tapped as Shaker & Spoon collaborators, not to mention other award winners, cocktail book authors, credited spirits experts, world travelers, and TV stars.
Only top quality ingredients are used to craft these cocktails. Specialty syrups are house-made by Shaker & Spoon, created in small batches in Red Hook, Brooklyn. And they source the best for everything else.
The recipe card will guide you through mixing and garnishing the cocktails, step by step. Just follow the instructions, and you'll create bar-quality drinks for yourself and anyone you'd like to share them with!
Kits Fulfilled by Shaker & Spoon
Too hard to choose? Send a gift card.
Please drink responsibly. CA Residents: Proposition 65 Warning.
- Tenshi M.Verified ReviewerReviewingSea Fog Rum Cocktail KitI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64I'm More Into: CocktailsMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Rum, Mezcal, Gin, Cognac, WhiskeyRated 5 out of 5 starsA Delicious Cocktail
I can feel the ocean breeze blowing over me as I relax and enjoy myself with each sip of Sea Fog. The dominant notes for me are found in the syrup, ginger and honey, but they are well balanced with the yuzu, tobacco and smoke. The ginger provides a bit of heat on a cool foggy beach day.Best ForRated -2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- frankReviewingSea Fog Rum Cocktail KitI recommend this productI'm More Into: Cocktails AND SippingRated 5 out of 5 starsLoved this cocktail
Like a dark and stormy but so much more. Would have never thought nori and rum would work so well together.Best ForRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- Jimmy F.Verified ReviewerReviewingSea Fog Rum Cocktail KitI recommend this productI'm More Into: Cocktails AND SippingI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 out of 5 starsA few familiar flavor combinations, and a few surprising ones.
This one has a few familiar flavor combinations, and a few surprising ones. Honey, ginger, and a hint of smoke are a well-loved trio from the classic Penicillin cocktail, and most of which also came to the party together in Shaker & Spoon's El Palenque cocktail. Nori and yuzu also are a clear pairing under the "what grows together, goes together" theory - they are both big in Japan, to turn a phrase. But merging those two combinations into one drink was super unexpected!
It totally works. The nori infusion of the rum gives the drink a subtle umami backbone. Tobacco bitters and a hint of funk from the lightly-aged blended white rum are the bridge between the two flavor axes as they are a natural pair with both sides of the equation. Nice one!
For those who are skeptical of the nori, this drink would still work great without it, it just wouldn't be quite as unique.Best ForRated -2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- wesley H.Verified BuyerReviewingSea Fog Rum Cocktail KitI recommend this productAge Range 21 - 24I'm More Into: Cocktails AND SippingMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) RumI Bought This For MyselfRated 3 out of 5 starsIt wasn't for me
The ingredients themselves do seem of quality but the drink itself wasn't to good I found the taste to be nothing but ginger and the odd lemon soda that came with it i didn't find the pairing to be all that good but thats just my tastes i do use the rest of the bitters in other cocktails amd they do taste good tye ginger syrup was tossedBest ForRated -2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
Gift message (optional)