Plantation Barbados 5 Year Rum
About Plantation Barbados 5 Year Rum
There's a very strong case for making Plantation 5 Year Rum your house-rum so to speak. It's a Tiki Cocktail utility player. Mai Tai, yes. Daiquiri, yes. Jungle Bird riff, yes. One Curiada customer, Chris calls Plantation 5 Year a "Swiss Army Knife of Rum", and we could not agree more.
Plantation 5 Year Rum Tasting Notes
Baking spices shine through from nose and there are very subtle hints of tobacco, toasted marshmallow, and dried fruit. The flavor profile contains rich notes of baked fruits, caramel, molasses, nutmeg and Allspice.
Notes on Production
Plantation 5 Year is a Barbados style rum. It's distilled in Twin Column and Pot Stills and ages in both Bourbon casks and Cognac (Ferrand) casks. Plantation Rums are produced by Maison Ferrand who upholds a vision of creating remarkable rums through traditional production methods and modern experimentation.
Final note: there's a reason Plantation 5 Year Rum sits on the shelf in more and more of the world's premium cocktail bars. Try it for yourself.
750ml & 80 Proof
Too hard to choose? Send a gift card.
Please drink responsibly. CA Residents: Proposition 65 Warning.
- Tate Van P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 21 - 24I'm More Into: CocktailsMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Cognac, Gin, Rum, AperitifsI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 out of 5 starsVery good
Works in everything from a mai tie to a daiquiriBest ForRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- Blayne Z.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 25 - 34I'm More Into: CocktailsMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Gin, RumI Bought This For As a GiftRated 5 out of 5 starsServed as a great gift
Based on how my roommate's initial reaction and how he spoke about the rum it was quite good! I bought it for him as a gift and it seems it was a worthwhile purchase. I will most certainly be getting this again in the future, and if not for him definitely for myself.Best ForRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- LykoI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 starsDelicious, Worth the Cost
This rum was phenomenal. It's my new favorite.
- keith S.I recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 starsA delightfully flexible "daily driver"
At its price point this one really hard to beat.
While better options exist in each sub-category of rum (at higher prices) this rum plays well with just about everything.
It is clean and smooth, expressing a mix of vanilla, banana, caramel, and light spice. While its young age makes it a bit underwhelming when neat (great on the front end, but falls off a bit too fast on the back with few barrel flavors to turn to), this very limitation helps it blend nicely into almost any rum cocktail. It imparts all the keystone rum flavors without overstaying its welcome, or distorting cocktails.
Plantation 5 year is the rum I recommend always keeping on hand while you explore the rest of the rum world.
- ChrisI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 starsGreat and versatile
This is such a "Swiss Army knife" of a rum - great by itself neat or on the rocks, but it also makes a spectacular cocktail, especially an old-school shaken Painkiller topped with fresh nutmeg.
Gift message (optional)