- Blayne Z.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 25 - 34I'm More Into: CocktailsMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Gin, RumI Bought This For As a GiftRated 5 starsServed as a great gift
Based on how my roommate's initial reaction and how he spoke about the rum it was quite good! I bought it for him as a gift and it seems it was a worthwhile purchase. I will most certainly be getting this again in the future, and if not for him definitely for myself.Best ForRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- LykoI recommend this productRated 5 starsDelicious, Worth the Cost
This rum was phenomenal. It's my new favorite.
- keith S.I recommend this productRated 5 starsA delightfully flexible "daily driver"
At its price point this one really hard to beat.
While better options exist in each sub-category of rum (at higher prices) this rum plays well with just about everything.
It is clean and smooth, expressing a mix of vanilla, banana, caramel, and light spice. While its young age makes it a bit underwhelming when neat (great on the front end, but falls off a bit too fast on the back with few barrel flavors to turn to), this very limitation helps it blend nicely into almost any rum cocktail. It imparts all the keystone rum flavors without overstaying its welcome, or distorting cocktails.
Plantation 5 year is the rum I recommend always keeping on hand while you explore the rest of the rum world.
- ChrisI recommend this productRated 5 starsGreat and versatile
This is such a "Swiss Army knife" of a rum - great by itself neat or on the rocks, but it also makes a spectacular cocktail, especially an old-school shaken Painkiller topped with fresh nutmeg.
- Jeff.I recommend this productRated 5 starsWorth every penny.
This may be my favorite rum. It is hard for me to find where I live so I usually have to order or pick up a couple bottles on trips. The taste is out of this world. I drink it neat, and on the rocks, it also really shines in cocktails. I highly recommend this rum.
Gift message (optional)