Plantation Barbados 5 Year Rum
About Plantation Barbados 5 Year Rum
There's a very strong case for making Plantation 5 Year Rum your house-rum so to speak. It's a Tiki Cocktail utility player. Mai Tai, yes. Daiquiri, yes. Jungle Bird riff, yes. One Curiada customer, Chris calls Plantation 5 Year a "Swiss Army Knife of Rum", and we could not agree more.
Tasting Notes for Plantation 5 Year Rum
Baking spices shine through from nose and there are very subtle hints of tobacco, toasted marshmallow, and dried fruit. The flavor profile contains rich notes of baked fruits, caramel, molasses, nutmeg and Allspice.
Selected as a recommended spirit to pair with Shaker & Spoon’s Rum for the Holidays Box.
Recommended by: Randeen Thomas
For Randeen Thomas the choice was Plantation Barbados 5 Year Rum. “Picture this: the Barbados 5-year rum, a masterpiece aged gracefully and to perfection in the embrace of both American and French oak barrels. The result? A symphony of flavors, dancing between baked spices, fruity notes, and a medium-long, lingering finish,” raves Randeen.
Plantation 5 Year is a Barbados style rum. It's distilled in Twin Column and Pot Stills and ages in both Bourbon casks and Cognac (Ferrand) casks. Plantation Rums are produced by Maison Ferrand who upholds a vision of creating remarkable rums through traditional production methods and modern experimentation.
Final note: there's a reason Plantation 5 Year Rum sits on the shelf in more and more of the world's premium cocktail bars. Try it for yourself.
750ml & 80 Proof
Shop other bottles from Plantation Rums Collection.
Order other Rum for delivery to your door.
Browse other Rum Cocktails for more drink suggestions!
Distillery: Plantation Rum
Distillate Origins: Barbados
Distillate Source Material: Molasses
Distillation Type: Pot Still
Main Ingredient: Sugarcane
Country of Origin: Barbados
Too hard to choose? Send a gift card.
Please drink responsibly. CA Residents: Proposition 65 Warning.
- georgeVerified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64I'm More Into: Cocktails AND SippingMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Rum, Vodka, AperitifsI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 out of 5 starsMy go to rum
This rum is well balanced and great for sipping, old fashioneds and a real daquiri treat. It is definitely one of my favorites and the winner of our family's blind rum tasting.Best ForRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- DaltonVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 starsBest All Rounder Dark Rum
It's a really good rum. Great for starters due to price and how versatile it is.
- Tate Van P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 21 - 24I'm More Into: CocktailsMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Cognac, Gin, Rum, AperitifsI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 out of 5 starsVery good
Works in everything from a mai tie to a daiquiriBest ForRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- Blayne Z.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 25 - 34I'm More Into: CocktailsMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Gin, RumI Bought This For As a GiftRated 5 out of 5 starsServed as a great gift
Based on how my roommate's initial reaction and how he spoke about the rum it was quite good! I bought it for him as a gift and it seems it was a worthwhile purchase. I will most certainly be getting this again in the future, and if not for him definitely for myself.Best ForRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- LykoI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 starsDelicious, Worth the Cost
This rum was phenomenal. It's my new favorite.
Gift message (optional)