Dansk Mjod Viking Blod Mead
About Dansk Mjod Viking Blod Mead
A traditionally brewed mead combined with dried hibiscus. Curiada tasters describe it as lovely, complex and sweet. Dansk Mjod is a beautiful mix of contradictions. It celebrates the ancient traditions of mead-making in its native Denmark. But, it's a modern brewery founded in 1994.
They use a traditional recipe from around 1700 of just honey and water for brewing the mead. But, they then pair it with hibiscus for a bright, unique taste.
Dansk Mjod is a small, family-owned brewery. But, it is one of the only brands with the muscle to take the wonderful art of mead-making global.
It is from the small town of Billund, Denmark with only 7,000 people. But, Billund is home to the legendary Lego Group and Legoland.
So, the next time you pack up the family for Legoland, sneak out the back gate and find your way to the small, family-owned Dansk Mjod brewery. You'll enjoy a brewery rich in mythology and lore but making a modern mead that is wonderfully enjoyable.
With a deep, red color and a floral aroma, Dansk Mjod Viking Blod Mead has a smooth, sweet taste that is balanced with a slightly bitter finish. The honey flavor is pronounced, but not overpowering, and the hibiscus and hops add a subtle complexity to the flavor profile.
Dansk Mjod Viking Blod Mead is best enjoyed on its own, sipped slowly and savored. However, it also makes a unique and interesting addition to cocktails. Try using it as a substitute for sweet vermouth in a classic Manhattan or mix it with whiskey and lemon juice for a honey-infused take on a whiskey sour.
- Max Miller, creator and host of Drinking History, in: Viking Blood Bread
- Greg, creator and host of hit YouTube channel How to Drink, in: A Drink for Vikings?
750ml & 19% ABV
Too hard to choose? Send a gift card.
Please drink responsibly. CA Residents: Proposition 65 Warning.
- Christopher B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64I'm More Into: Cocktails AND SippingMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Whiskey, Tequila, Scotch, Mezcal, GinI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 out of 5 starsA fantastic mead
It is a good strong mead but with enough hops to really give it a ale kick to it. The amber color really adds to the experience.Best ForRated 2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- K T.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 starsA fine mead
I brew mead. This a fine mead. A beautiful balance of sweet and bold. Max has not steered me wrong yet.
- Amy M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 starsNew favorite!
Wonderful honey flavor!!! I can't taste the hibiscus which is fine with me. Alcohol forward but balanced with sweetness. Absolutely magical.
- Robert L.I recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 starsAmazing
Really delicious super smooth order again no question
- Kristoffer L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 starsExcellent Mead
Found this and this site from Max Miller. This stuff was amazing, has a very high alcohol content but its (mostly) offset by the sweet flavor. It comes in a very cool ceramic bottle.
Absolutely loved it. As an aside, I'm happy with the service - FedEx cracked the first bottle I ordered and it leaked all over my entryway, I sent in a replacement request and got one right away.
Gift message (optional)