Dansk Mjod Viking Blod Mead
About Dansk Mjod Viking Blod Mead
For inquisitive spirits aficionados in search of an intriguing bottle, look no further than Dansk Mjod Viking Blod Mead. It's not just a traditionally brewed mead but a symphony of flavor and tradition that beautifully blends the old with the new. This unique, hard-to-find elixir, available for purchase online at Curiada with 2-5 day delivery, is a testament to the rich heritage of mead-making that goes back thousands of years.
Mead, often referred to as "honey wine", is perhaps the oldest alcoholic beverages known to man. Made from fermented honey and water, mead is a prized specialty whose creation process involves honey bees, nature's best workers. Of course, modern meads like the highly-rated Dansk Mjod Viking Blod, also infuse additional ingredients like fruits, spices, and in this case, dried hibiscus to create a bright, unique taste.
The alcohol percentage in traditional meads tends to range between 8% and 20%. The Dansk Mjod Viking Blod Mead not only falls on the higher end of this spectrum with 19% ABV but also has the distinction of being a standout Mead amongst dessert wines, primarily due to its unique flavor profile. Unlike dessert wines which can be overly sweet, meads offer a more balanced, complex taste.
Dansk Mjod, the celebrated small family-owned brewery behind this superb mead, was only founded in 1994, yet it has quickly become one of the select brands with the muscle to take the glorious art of mead-making global. Based in the small town of Billund, Denmark, with a population of only 7,000 people, it shares its home with the legendary Lego Group and Legoland.
The next time you pack up the family for a Legoland adventure, make a little detour to the Dansk Mjod brewery. A little mythology, a lot of lore, and a modern mead that is delightfully enjoyable await you.
With a luxurious deep red color and an enchanting floral aroma, Dansk Mjod Viking Blod Mead offers a smooth, sweet taste that is harmoniously balanced with a slightly bitter finish. The distinct honey flavor, far from overpowering, along with the hibiscus and hops, adds a subtle complexity to the flavor profile.
Dansk Mjod Viking Blod Mead is best savored slowly and on its own. However, the adventurous cocktail lovers at Curiada, the marketplace for passionate cocktailers, also recommend it as a unique and exciting addition to cocktails. Try using it as a substitute for sweet vermouth in a classic Manhattan or mix it with whiskey and lemon juice for a honey-infused take on a whiskey sour.
- Max Miller, creator and host of Drinking History, in: Viking Blood Bread
- Greg, creator and host of hit YouTube channel How to Drink, in: A Drink for Vikings?
750ml & 19% ABV
Relish this discovery of an ancient tradition in a modern world. The Dansk Mjod Viking Blod Mead, a rare and delightful honeyed nectar, is waiting for you in the online aisles of Curiada.
Last Updated: 01-10-2024
Main Ingredient: Honey
Country of Origin: Denmark
Too hard to choose? Send a gift card.
Please drink responsibly. CA Residents: Proposition 65 Warning.
- Graham A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productI'm More Into: SippingMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) TequilaI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 out of 5 starsThick mead as preferred
This what I wanted. Something akin to sack filtered mead, very thick!
I don’t know why folks make lighter meads that taste like wine. It’s mead. Mead is good.Best ForRated 2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- Frank W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 25 - 34I'm More Into: Cocktails AND SippingMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) WhiskeyI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 out of 5 starsBest mead yet
Best mead yet. Well done.Best ForRated 2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- Robert N.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 21 - 24I'm More Into: SippingMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, CognacI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 out of 5 starsA Great Choice! (Hard to find in local stores)
It's flavor profile is great, dry and over ice. Ecxellent with a meal, wether it be pasta or steak. Also great just to enjoy when you want some mead. Definitely gonna order more!Best ForRated 2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- Lime D.Verified ReviewerI recommend this productI'm More Into: Cocktails AND SippingMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Whiskey, Scotch, Amari, Cognac, TequilaI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 out of 5 starsI served this at my wedding
After trying all manner of meads from sweet to dry to spicy, and even brewing a couple too, the Dansk Mjods still blew me away. My best man at my wedding agreed Viking Blod was his favorite bottle too, so we ordered a case for my wedding and it was a hit.
I don't usually spring for sweet mead, but the florals balanced it for me. What makes it "******" is all the spiced hibiscus, the same thing that makes agua de jamaica a deep red drink.
One packaging experience I'll add (buying them from a store, not from Curiada) was two of my twelve bottles gained long hairline cracks after we transported them a couple of times. This happened again a year later too, 2000 miles away. These probably don't take well to being shaken, so keep an eye on the bottles.Best ForRated 2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- Christopher B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64I'm More Into: Cocktails AND SippingMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Whiskey, Tequila, Scotch, Mezcal, GinI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 out of 5 starsA fantastic mead
It is a good strong mead but with enough hops to really give it a ale kick to it. The amber color really adds to the experience.Best ForRated 2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
Gift message (optional)