Lemon Hart 151 Rum
About Lemon Hart 151 Rum
Gilbert and Sullivan, legendary creators of The Pirates of Penzance, would be proud. Lemon Hart 151 Rum is a brand so rich in heritage, yet so important to the modern cocktail bar, that it is able to live up to its own incredible history.
Lemon Hart is named for the brand's founder, Lehman Hart. He grew up on the Cornwall coast after his grandfather, Abraham Hart, immigrated from Germany to Penzance in 1720. After founding Lemon Hart in 1768, Lehman anglicized his name and quickly set about creating an English legend.
Lemon Hart was a merchant, trading in the finest rums from around the world. By the end of the century, they'd created a propietary blend that won the hearts of British Sailors.
In fact, the British Admiralty selected Lemon Hart as the inaugeral supplier of rum to the British Navy. Bottles of Lemon Hart accompanied British Sailors in the most daring battles, perilous expeditions, and wild adventures of the 1800s. The English Navy ruled the high seas, and their rum rations of Lemon Hart kept mutiny at bay!
Today, you're more likely to find Lemon Hart 151 Rum in the world's best cocktail bars than British Navy schooners. But, its present and future is no less bright.
Identified by name in many of the most popular tiki drinks, Lemon Hart 151 is the gold standard for overproof rums. Punchy but balaned, it uses a blend of high proof Demerara rums to create a unique taste profile that pairs perfectly with many cocktails.
Here are a few out-of-the-ordinary ideas:
- Create the Cafe Don Juan with Mr Black Cold Brew Coffee Liqueur
- Try the Bird of Paradise, a riff on a Jungle Bird
750ml & 151 Proof
Too hard to choose? Send a gift card.
Please drink responsibly. CA Residents: Proposition 65 Warning.
- Jared F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 25 - 34I'm More Into: CocktailsMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Rum, WhiskeyI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 out of 5 starsLike a warm hug
The flavor and proof of this rum makes for the ultimate comfort drink. Goes with just about everything I've thrown it into.Best ForRated -1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- StacyI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64I'm More Into: Cocktails AND SippingMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Rum, Tequila, Whiskey, CognacI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 out of 5 starsCompared Side by Side with Hamilton and OFTD
Two of us sat down for a Rum showdown with three of our favorite rums. I used to get Lemon Hart when it was available years ago in my state and I heard that they changed it at some point so I was curious to see what changed. When Curida came to my state, I had to buy a bottle. After tasting all three, the two of us decided that Lemon Hart was the hands down winner of the taste test. Even if it's not the same as it was years ago, it's still the best rum out there. I've yet to have better.Best ForRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- Barbara T.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64My Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Whiskey, VodkaI Bought This For As a GiftRated 5 out of 5 starsFine quality rum
This one went fast! It was a big hit with the family rum connoisseurs.Best ForRated -1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- SpencerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 starsGiving me the vapors
This is proper 151 rum right here. Fantastic aroma and flavor of deep caramel and seemingly vaporizes on the tongue.
BE CAREFUL! This tastes much better than normal 151, do not get overly excited because you will pay the next morning!
- Sally R.I recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 starsFavorite Rum!
Hands down my favorite rum for cocktail right now. I love the slight citrus-y edge in my modified Dark and Stormy. It's a delight!
Gift message (optional)