Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao
About Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao
This is one of those bottles where, when discovered on a home bar or even at a cocktail bar, you have to give the owner a knowing nod. Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao is out kicks its coverage when it comes to cocktails.
Options abound in the Dry Curaçao / Triple Sec / Cointreau / Grand Marnier space. Many of those options are found at ever liquor store, cocktail bar, and friendly gathering you'll ever attend. But, Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao is hard to find. And, it masters the art of orange liqueurs.
Less sweet and syrupy but not thin. More balanced but bitter and pronounced. Great for mixing but packs a serious punch. Blended with the super high quality cognac of its sister product, Pierre Ferrand Original Formula 1840. This bottle cuts no corners, spares no expense, and truly strives for perfection in creating the ultimate orange liqueur for cocktail making.
Fun fact. As of today, we've published more cocktail recipes on our blog containing this bottle than any other bottle in our collection. Why? It's super versatile. It's amazing quality. It unlocks amazing cocktails. It's our sweet spot.
- Pair it with Cynar and Mezcal to create the fresh, vibrant Floppy Disk
- Give it a swing with Bourbon, Giffard Crème de Cacao, and Angostura Bitters for a Choco Old Fashioned
- Tag in Amaro Averna for a Citrus Grove Hot Toddy
"I love the balance of sweet and dry - with spicy notes that complement the orange." - Anders Erickson
750ml & 80 Proof
Main Ingredient: Orange Peel
Country of Origin: France
Too hard to choose? Send a gift card.
Please drink responsibly. CA Residents: Proposition 65 Warning.
- Matt D.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 25 - 34I'm More Into: Cocktails AND SippingMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Whiskey, Rum, GinI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 out of 5 starsThe answer to less-than-ideal margaritas
By itself, it's a solid orange liqueur, but where it really shines is mixed with tequila. For years, I've been making margaritas with Cointreau or other triple sec, and while I loved the ones with Cointreau, I always found they were far too dry and needed some added sweetness, while the ones made with other clear triple secs I found to be underproof or artificial tasting. This is exactly the bottle I was looking for to fix that issue. If you want to improve your margarita game, this is now my go-to. It even works great in cosmos, though it does darken the color a bit.Best ForRated -2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- FERNANDO DE F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productI'm More Into: CocktailsAge Range 25 - 34My Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) GinI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 out of 5 starsessential in your homebar
I had many classic recipes that used it and the purchase exceeded my expectations highly recommended.Best ForRated -2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- Jason A. R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productI'm More Of A I Like 'Em Both!Age Range 35 - 44My Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) WhiskeyI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 out of 5 starsDon't care how you say it.
Before I discovered curiada I had my local liquor store special order this for me.
I use it in margaritas, mai tais, etc. Have not found a drink that call for curacao it did not improve.Best ForRated -2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- Keed'n C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 21 - 24I'm More Into: CocktailsMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Gin, WhiskeyI Bought This For MyselfRated 4 out of 5 starsOrange Goodness!
First off, let's dive into its flavor profile - this stuff is sweet, but not sickeningly so, and the best part is, it doesn't have that artificial taste you might find in some other orange liqueurs. Say goodbye to that harsh after bite you get with Cointreau - this baby is smooth as silk!
Now, let's get into the cocktails where this bad boy really shines. The Pegu Club is an absolute delight with this bottle, along with the Mai Tai. Trust me when I say, you haven't experienced a true Mai Tai until you've tried it with Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao. The rich orange essence dances effortlessly with the rum and other tropical flavors, giving you a sip that's both refreshing and sophisticated. The rich orange essence dances effortlessly with the rum and other tropical flavors, giving you a sip that's both refreshing and sophisticated.
The Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao, It's the real deal, and it's about to become a staple in your home bar. Cheers! 🍹Best ForRated -1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- David A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productI'm More Into: Cocktails AND SippingMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Whiskey, Scotch, Gin, Vodka, AmariI Bought This For MyselfRated 4 out of 5 starsJust FINE
Make a margarita with this instead of your garden variety triple sec. You will know the difference immediately. I am in love with this spirit.Best ForRated -1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
Gift message (optional)