John D. Taylor's Velvet Falernum
About John D. Taylor's Velvet Falernum
750ml & 22 Proof
The word from Anders on John D. Taylor's Velvet Falernum:
Velvet Falernum is spicy and sweet with notes of vanilla, lime, and ginger. I love the added depth it offers to tikis.
Too hard to choose? Send a gift card.
Please drink responsibly. CA Residents: Proposition 65 Warning.
- Owen W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 21 - 24I'm More Into: Cocktails AND SippingMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) RumI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 starsJohn D. Taylor's Is NON EXISTANT in my area!
Thankfully Curiada came through with the best possible customer service!!!Best ForRated -1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- Lise B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64I'm More Into: CocktailsMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Rum, VodkaI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 starsNew to me
This was not on my radar at all until I found a recipe containing it. How fun! I’m going to try more cocktails with this.Best ForRated -2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- JAY H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productI'm More Into: Cocktails AND SippingAge Range 45 - 54My Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Whiskey, GinI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 starsStaple of Tiki drinks
Wonderful and pretty powerful flavors in this. Quite sweet as well. Used mostly in what would be called "tiki" cocktails. I found BG Reynolds Falernum (non-alcoholic syrup) is a fairly close match flavor-wise but looks terrible LOL. Also, this will be shelf stable, basically forever.Best ForRated -2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MJ J.Verified BuyerI recommend this productI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 starsA cocktail must-have.
Started using this in nearly every tiki drink, and it's become a bar staple for me. Absolutely delicious.Best ForRated -2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- ChrisVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 starsThis mixer packs a lot of flavor!
So first things first, this liqueur is not intended to be imbibed on its own -- without anything else to support it, it is cloyingly sweet, heavy on clove and other spices, with a little lime thrown in. When mixed however, these flavors evolve and shine and support your base in beautiful ways! You might be able to roll your own but if you can get your hands on this you'll have an excellent addition to a cocktail with little effort. Definitely recommended!
Gift message (optional)