R.L. Seale’s Finest Barbados 12 Year Rum
About R.L. Seale’s Finest Barbados 12 Year Rum
R.L. Seale's 12 Year Rum is distilled, blended and aged a minimum of 12 years in ex-bourbon barrels on site at The Foursquare Rum Distillery in Barbados. Nothing added.
Taste rum as it was intended to be.
Bright tropical fruit followed by rich toasted coconut and vanilla on the nose. Caramelized pineapple, banana chips, toasted coconut on the palate. Rich layered brown butter, caramel, guava and papaya. Tropical fruit sweetness finishing dry with a hint of butterscotch.
- Pair with another Foursquare Distillery favorite in The Sage Hopper
- Fancy some cocktail-bar-worthy drinks that you can make at home, all ingredients included? The La Trova Old-Fashioned Cocktail Kit from Shaker & Spoon is calling your name...
- Bittered Aged Rum and Tonic - yep, you've got that right. 1.5oz of R.L. Seale's 12 Year Rum paired with 2-3oz of your favorite tonic and 6 healthy dashes of your favorite bitters. Garnish with a lime slice and enjoy a light but intensely flavorful cocktail.
- Nothing's simpler than the Corn 'n Oil - all you need is John D. Taylor's Velvet Falernum.
- This also makes a great post-meal sipper. Pair with something sweet; the rich but not overly syrupy flavor will reward you.
VinePair says: "...a textbook example of aged Barbados rum. This 46% ABV bottling shines with notes of vanilla, molasses, and baking spices, while warm toastiness lingers on its long finish. This one's a sipper, for sure."
R.L. Seale & Co. was founded in 1926 by Reginald Leon Seale, embracing the Barbados tradition of fine aged and blended rums.
Currently in operation by Richard Seale, Reginald’s great grandson and the fourth generation in the family rum business.
Richard is most recognized by his work as Master Distiller and Master Blender of Foursquare Rum Distillery, renovated and opened by the Seale family in 1996.
Foursquare’s rums have garnered the title of “Rum Producer of the Year” for 5 consecutive years, along with a significant amount of Rum trophies, gold medals, and accolades from both the International Spirits Challenge and the International Wine & Spirits Competition – two of the most respected competitions.
R.L. Seale's 12 Year Rum is tropically aged on-site at the Foursquare Distillery for a minimum of 12 years. Never any added flavors or sugars.
750ml & 92 Proof
Shop other bottles from
R.L. Seale's Rum
Order other Rum for delivery to your door.
Browse other Rum Cocktails for more drink suggestions!
Distillery: Foursquare Distillery
Distillate Origins: Barbados
Distillate Source Material: Molasses
Distillation Type: Column and Pot Still Blend
Main Ingredient: Sugarcane
Country of Origin: Barbados
Too hard to choose? Send a gift card.
Please drink responsibly. CA Residents: Proposition 65 Warning.
- Devon H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productI'm More Into: Cocktails AND SippingMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Rum, Cognac, Whiskey, ScotchI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 out of 5 starsPretty Neat Rum
I got this as number 3 based rum for cocktails from the Smuggler's Cove book and I quite enjoy the flavor. It has a fun brown butter with hints of caramel for the nose. And for the taste, the barrel really comes through bringing in some flavorful burnt sugar notes. Almost reminiscent of a long aged, light corn whiskey. It works neat or in a cocktail. I always keep a bottle at the home bar.Best ForRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- Mike W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 45 - 54I'm More Into: Cocktails AND SippingMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Rum, WhiskeyI Bought This For MyselfRated 3 out of 5 starsR.L. Seale's
It was just okay. Better then most but still not up to the hype.Best ForRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
Gift message (optional)