Giffard Pamplemousse Liqueur
About Giffard Pamplemousse Liqueur
Giffard Pamplemousse is a natural fruit spirit made from macerating pink grapefruit. The aroma of grapefruit and the sweet-tart taste of the sunkissed fruit adds a delicious zest to any cocktail.
The intense aroma of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice, slightly zesty and floral with notes of black pepper, lemon, and bitter orange. Balanced between bitterness, acidity and fruity, with a zesty note at the end.
- Classic: Grapefruit Mezcalarita 2 parts mezcal plus one part Giffard Pamplemousse and one part lime juice. Shake with ice, strain and garnish with a lime slice.
- Unexpected: The Brown Derby Redux High proof bourbon plus fresh grapefruit juice, Giffard Pamplemousse, honey syrup and a dash of orange bitters: one delicious drink.
Details about Giffard
It all began in 1885. Emile Giffard was a pharmacist with an inventive, curious nature and the palate of a gourmand. One scorching summer in Angers, France, in a small Loire Valley town, he was studying the digestive and cooling properties of mint. Giffard’s research resulted in the invention of a clear mint liqueur, steam-distilled from the Mitcham variety of peppermint.
Emile called his elixir Menthe Pastille after the mint candies that were famous at the time. As delicious as it was refreshing, the liqueur was immediately received with enthusiasm from the townspeople of Angers.
Building on the success of Menthe Pastille, Giffard began creating other liqueurs and syrups from the rich bounty of local fruits and botanicals as well as the exotic spices and herbs that were brought in by ship on the Loire River from ports around the world.
Five generations later, Giffard is still owned and operated by the same family who maintain the tradition and quality of all of its products.
750ml & 32 Proof
Shop other bottles from Giffard Liqueurs Collection.
Order other Liqueurs & Other Spirits for delivery to your door.
Browse other Liqueurs & Other Spirits Cocktails for more drink suggestions!
Main Ingredient: Grapefruit
Country of Origin: France
Too hard to choose? Send a gift card.
Please drink responsibly. CA Residents: Proposition 65 Warning.
- lisa t.Verified ReviewerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64I'm More Into: CocktailsMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) VodkaI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 out of 5 starsAmazing!
I had a drink made with this last night, it will be my new beverage!Best ForRated -2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- DevorieRated 5 out of 5 stars5 Stars
I love the giffard grapefruit liqueur. I add it to my Paloma and it is amazing. Tequila, giffard grapefruit liqueur, Q grapefruit soda mixer with a tajin rim … delicious!
- NanI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 starsVersatile
Versatile! Serve like you would limoncello. Or with club soda. Or champagne
Gift message (optional)