El Dorado 8 Year Rum
About El Dorado 8 Year Rum
A delightful rum. Originally listed, because Greg Titian from How to Drink shouts out the bottle as prerequisite for starting your home bar. If you're shopping for an 8 year rum, or a quality bottle for tiki concoctions and craft cocktails, then look no further than El Dorado 8 Year Rum.
Caramel and brown sugar shine through. Notes of stone fruit, toffee, butterscotch, and oak are present as is banana very subtly. The aroma is pleasant brown sugar. See the reviews for helpful Curiada customer notes.
- Over ice with a wedge of lime
- Go tiki and try The QB Cooler Cocktail recipe by How to Drink
- Mai Tai all the way
This Demerara rum is crafted by Master Blender, Sharon Sur-Hang-Baksh Laid in Guyana. After blending, the rum is laid to rest in oak barrels for at least 8 years. Demerara Distillers have a true commitment to sustainability. Their distillery has an on site Carbon Dioxide plant which captures the CO2 produced during fermentation for utilization in other local services such as soft drink carbonation and dry ice production.
750ml & 80 Proof
Too hard to choose? Send a gift card.
Please drink responsibly. CA Residents: Proposition 65 Warning.
- Lise B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64I'm More Into: CocktailsMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Rum, VodkaI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 starsFlavor
Excellent flavor. Smooth. Very good mixer without being harsh or taking over the cocktail. Plays well with others.Best ForRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MJ J.Verified BuyerI recommend this productI'm More Into: CocktailsAge Range 21 - 24My Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Gin, WhiskeyI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 starsA great rum!
El Dorado was delicious and worked perfectly in my drinks!Best ForRated -1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- TimVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 starsWow
What an awesome rum. Great and a perfect mai tai or over ice with a lime wedge. At this price point you cannot go wrong getting this rum.
- BenI recommend this productRated 5 starsWarm, Brown sugar, smooth
Got cause I wanted to try some actual non-spiced rum. The smell is brown sugar that is in melted butter, a nice warm taste that matches the smell, but is not sweet.
- William G.I recommend this productRated 5 starsLovely
Absolutely lovely caramel and brown sugar nose and finish.
Gift message (optional)