Italicus Rosolio di Bergamotto Liqueur
About Italicus Rosolio di Bergamotto Liqueur
A fresh, new, instantly iconic liqueur from Italy—and one of our most popular bottles. Italicus Rosolio di Bergamotto Liqueur was selected as a recommended spirit to pair with Shaker & Spoon’s Puttin’ on the Spritz 2: Italian Affair Box.
Recommended by: Mia Mastroianni, Dario Doimo, and Valentino Longo
“It's no secret that I love a spritz, as well as a solid aperitivo hour, and Italicus aligns so perfectly with the Italian cocktail culture and lifestyle that I adore,” raves Mia. This spirit was specifically created using citrus and floral ingredients. Together, they achieve the perfect notes of bitterness balanced with delicate aromatics. More importantly, they make a wonderful addition to any home bar.
As Dario says, “Bright and zesty, Italicus is taking the cocktail world by storm with its unique flavor profile. It’s the perfect aperitivo!” There’s no finer way to enjoy la dolce vita.
“Italicus is a beautiful take on a classic rosolio, one of the oldest Italian aperitivos and one enjoyed by Italian royalty!” says Valentino. Italicus has beautiful aromas such as bergamot, lavender, elderflower. Definitely a sip of Italy!
Italicus is made from bergamot oranges. It offers heady floral aromas along with an herbal and delicately bitter taste, for a deliciously layered and enjoyable experience. And it adds a dash of Amalfi Coast elegance to the home bar.
You can use Italicus in any number of drinks, just as you would any citrus liqueur. It also pairs very well with all manner of sparkling wines and sodas—even IPAs!
Gold - International Wine & Spirits Competition, 2017
Tasting Notes for Italicus Rosolio di Bergamotto Liqueur
Lightly citrus on the nose with hints of rose and lavender. On the palate, fresh tones of ripe citrus fruits are balanced with a light bitter and floral spice before giving way to a complex and long lasting finish.
- A Negroni Bianco has equal parts Italicus, dry gin, and dry vermouth
- Feeling summery? Try the Summer Martini Spritz by Join Jules
- Paired with gin in Steve The Bartender's original creation, The King's Breakfast, it makes a sublime brunch (or anytime!) drink
Revered Italian barman Giuseppe Gallo may just be one of the driving forces behind the worldwide popularization of amari, aperitivos, vermouths, and other Italian hallmarks of cocktail culture.
And now he's given us Italicus.
In creating this distinctive spirit, he challenged himself to revive a nearly-forgotten style of liqueur called Rosolio. Its an Italian aperitivo that is quite uncommon, especially in the US. However, Rosolio dates back to at least the 15th century, and was known in the 19th century as the “the drink of kings.” It is typically a liqueur derived from rose petals, though here bergamot brings citrus to the forefront.
Torino Distillati in Moncalieri, Italy produces Italicus. The Vergano family of craft distillers founded the distillery in 1906. They used a recipe for Rosolio liqueur dating back to the 1800s as the foundation for Italicus.
Here Silician citrons and Calabrian bergamot oranges from a protected area of origin (IGP) are gently pressed in cold water. This is a process called sfumatura, which releases their essential oils—though it is rarely practiced in modern day distillation, as the botanicals macerate for up to 10 days (an unusual length of time).
Today, most distilleries shortcut this process, but the founders of Italicus adhere to the Rosolio's traditional production methods to ensure a best-quality product.
The mixture is then fortified with natural beet sugar, Italian neutral grain spirit, and pure water.
Order other Liqueurs for delivery to your door.
Shop our collection of Liqueurs Cocktails for more ideas!
Main Ingredient: Bergamot Citrus
Country of Origin: Italy
Too hard to choose? Send a gift card.
Please drink responsibly. CA Residents: Proposition 65 Warning.
- Lori M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64I'm More Into: CocktailsMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Gin, Vodka, Amari, AperitifsI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 out of 5 starsRefreshing and Different
Saw this online, could not find locally so enter Curiada! Ordered and it was shipped timely. Since then I have enjoyed this first bottle (bought 2) with an unlimited number of options. It is super refreshing, and honestly a little can go a long way depending how you like your cocktails.Best ForRated -2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- Devorie A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 35 - 44I'm More Into: CocktailsMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Tequila, GinI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 out of 5 starsSoooooo elegant!
We love the Italicus Rosolio di Bergamotto. It makes a beautiful sparkling beverage when mixed with champagne. It is delicate, yet delicious. Highly recommend. We’ve placed several orders since trying it.Best ForRated -1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- Jim W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 65+I'm More Into: CocktailsMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Gin, Whiskey, Amari, Aperitifs, RumI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 out of 5 starsRefreshingly tasty
I bought this bottle after having a cocktail with it at a local restaurant. It makes a great summertime spritz or a negroni variation.Best ForRated -1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- Rebecca H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64I'm More Into: Cocktails AND SippingMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Gin, Brandy, Tequila, Scotch, CognacI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 out of 5 starsSmooth & Refreshing!!!
I’m so very impressed with this bergamot liqueur, it’s smooth, fresh, goes wonderfully with other spirits, I’m in love!!!! One of my Favorites, Thank YOU!!!!!Best ForRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- Paula L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 65+I'm More Into: Cocktails AND SippingMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Rum, Vodka, Whiskey, Tequila, GinI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 out of 5 starsMy new favorite
This was a tremendous find! Italicus has replaced triple sec type liqueurs in my margaritas, Paloma and other cocktails. It has a very unique taste and marries nicely with tequila, gin and rum. Will be buying this again and again !!Best ForRated -1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
Gift message (optional)