Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao
About Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao
Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao: 750ml & 80 Proof
This is one of those bottles where, when discovered on a home bar or even at a cocktail bar, you have to give the owner a knowing nod.
Options abound in the Dry Curaçao / Triple Sec / Cointreau / Grand Marnier space. Many of those options are found at ever liquor store, cocktail bar, and friendly gathering you'll ever attend. But, Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao is hard to find. And, it masters the art of orange liqueurs.
Less sweet and syrupy but not thin. More balanced but bitter and pronounced. Great for mixing but packs a serious punch. Blended with the super high quality cognac of its sister product, Pierre Ferrand Original Formula 1840. This bottle cuts no corners, spares no expense, and truly strives for perfection in creating the ultimate orange liqueur for cocktail making.
Fun fact. As of today, we've published more cocktail recipes on our blog containing this bottle than any other bottle in our collection. Why? It's super versatile. It's amazing quality. It unlocks amazing cocktails. It's our sweet spot.
Here are a few of our favorites:
- Pair it with Cynar and Mezcal to create the fresh, vibrant Floppy Disk
- Give it a swing with Bourbon, Giffard Crème de Cacao, and Angostura Bitters for a Choco Old Fashioned
- Tag in Amaro Averna for a Citrus Grove Hot Toddy
The word from Anders Erickson on Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao:
I love the balance of sweet and dry - with spicy notes that complement the orange.
Too hard to choose? Send a gift card.
Please drink responsibly. CA Residents: Proposition 65 Warning.
- Matt D.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 25 - 34I'm More Into: Cocktails AND SippingMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Whiskey, Rum, GinI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 starsThe answer to less-than-ideal margaritas
By itself, it's a solid orange liqueur, but where it really shines is mixed with tequila. For years, I've been making margaritas with Cointreau or other triple sec, and while I loved the ones with Cointreau, I always found they were far too dry and needed some added sweetness, while the ones made with other clear triple secs I found to be underproof or artificial tasting. This is exactly the bottle I was looking for to fix that issue. If you want to improve your margarita game, this is now my go-to. It even works great in cosmos, though it does darken the color a bit.Best ForRated -2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- FERNANDO DE F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productI'm More Into: CocktailsAge Range 25 - 34My Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) GinI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 starsessential in your homebar
I had many classic recipes that used it and the purchase exceeded my expectations highly recommended.Best ForRated -2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- Jason A. R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productI'm More Of A I Like 'Em Both!Age Range 35 - 44My Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) WhiskeyI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 starsDon't care how you say it.
Before I discovered curiada I had my local liquor store special order this for me.
I use it in margaritas, mai tais, etc. Have not found a drink that call for curacao it did not improve.Best ForRated -2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- David A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productI'm More Into: Cocktails AND SippingMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Whiskey, Scotch, Gin, Vodka, AmariI Bought This For MyselfRated 4 starsJust FINE
Make a margarita with this instead of your garden variety triple sec. You will know the difference immediately. I am in love with this spirit.Best ForRated -1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
Gift message (optional)