St. George Spiced Pear Liqueur
About St. George Spiced Pear Liqueur
Spiced Pear is the world-renowned pear brandy from artisanal distillery St. George Spirits, made with a pastry chef’s touch. St. George Spiced Pear Liqueur balances decadence with restraint, achieving incredible depth of flavor with just a few impeccable ingredients. Building on the celebrated pear brandy, master distiller Lance Winters adds pear juice, whole cloves, Saigon cinnamon, and a touch of organic cane sugar for a rich, nuanced liqueur that adds an extra special something to just about any cocktail you can imagine.
Tasting Notes for St. George Spiced Pear Liqueur
Spiced Pear shows crisp pear perfume on the nose with pear butter and warm spice on the palate. Its rich mouthfeel yields to a long, lush finish. Sip it alongside a cheese plate or pair it with rich meats like pork or duck. For a decadent treat, try it drizzled over ice cream.
- Spiced Pear Margarita (recipe from Nicola Parisi)
- 1 1/2 oz Reposado Tequila
- 1 oz St. George Spiced Pear Liqueur
- 1/2 oz fresh lime juice
- 1/4 oz simple syrup
- Method: Combine all ingredients in a tin with ice, then shake and strain over fresh ice into a glass half-rimmed with salted cinnamon sugar. Garnish with lime and/or a pear slice.
- Spiced Pear Old Fashioned (recipe from Nicola Parisi)
- 2 oz American Whiskey
- ¾ oz St. George Spiced Pear Liqueur
- 4 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Method: Stir all ingredients with ice until chilled then strain into an Old Fashioned glass over a large cube. Garnish with a flamed orange peel.
- Fistful of Pears (recipe from Jeff Levy)
- 1 oz St. George Pear Brandy
- 1 oz St. George Spiced Pear Liqueur
- 1 oz aentian amaro
- grapefruit zest
- Method Add all liquid ingredients to a mixing glass with ice and stir for about 15 seconds. Squeeze the zest of the grapefruit, skin side down, to add the oils of the skin, then discard the zest. Garnish with a slice of fresh pear.
- Spiced French 75
- 1 oz St. George Botanivore Gin
- ½ oz St. George Spiced Pear Liqueur
- ½ oz fresh lemon juice
- dry sparkling white wine
- Method: Add Botanivore, Spiced Pear Liqueur, and lemon juice to a mixing glass with ice. Shake until chilled, then strain into a flute. Top with chilled sparkling wine and garnish with a lemon twist.
The ingredient list for our Spiced Pear Liqueur is simple—pears, cinnamon, clove, and organic cane sugar—but its flavor is anything but basic. Our sourcing standards are high, so each ingredient brings exceptional depth. We only use dry-farmed Bartlett pears (which feature more concentrated flavor than their conventionally grown counterparts) and we even sort for red-skinned fruits, which have spice undertones that complement Spiced Pear’s Saigon cinnamon and whole cloves. The process of crafting St. George Spiced Pear Liqueur has impeccable pedigree—it begins as our flagship pear brandy. We then add luscious pear juice, which brings its proof down to 20% ABV and transforms the crystal clear brandy into a jewel-toned liqueur. The cinnamon and clove are infused, complementing the subtle spice of this terroir-driven fruit. We finish with a restrained measure of organic cane sugar and a touch of malic acid, which occurs naturally in pears, to mimic their natural balance of sweet and tart.
750ml & 20 Proof
Too hard to choose? Send a gift card.
Please drink responsibly. CA Residents: Proposition 65 Warning.
- Timothy T.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 45 - 54I'm More Into: SippingMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) WhiskeyI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 out of 5 starsGood Seasonal/Holiday Liqueur
Also like the free ship on the whole order from adding this.Best ForRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- DesertChicVerified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 45 - 54I'm More Into: CocktailsMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Rum, Tequila, Gin, Vodka, AperitifsI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 out of 5 starsFall in a Bottle
I opened the bottle and poured out a sip - delicious! Nice warming spices with just the right amount of pear. Reminds me of a nice mulled pear cider. I have made one of the featured cocktails, the Spiced Pear Margarita (minus the simple syrup) and it is a wonderful "winter margarita"!Best ForRated -1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
Gift message (optional)