Smith & Cross Traditional Jamaica Rum
About Smith & Cross Traditional Jamaica Rum
Smith & Cross Traditional Jamaica Rum: 750ml & 114 Proof
Mastering the mai tai, dabbling in daquiris, or exploring the Kingston Negroni? Smith & Cross is your perfect companion for adventure. This legendary brand traces its heritage to 1788 on the London Docks.
On the label, you'll find two names -- Wedderburn and Plummer. Well, John and Thomas were the two most famous London rum merchants of their day. They scoured the world for the best rums to bring back to England. And, in their quest, they founded Smith & Cross at No. 203 Thames Street in the London Docks.
What John Wedderburn and Thomas Plummer created is today known as one of the most unique and appreciated rums in the world. Using only Jamaican pot still, high ester rum, Smith & Cross has hogo and funkiness FOR DAYS! This makes it the perfect ingredient for many complex tiki drinks, where its unique character can make the drinks shine.
The word from Greg on Smith & Cross:
In your face banana funk. A funky, funky rum. My go-to for many rum drinks.
Smith & Cross mixes well with:
Smith & Cross is recommended in Curiada Collections by:
Too hard to choose? Send a gift card.
Please drink responsibly. CA Residents: Proposition 65 Warning.
- Jonathan R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 35 - 44I'm More Into: Cocktails AND SippingMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) RumI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 starsIt's got the funk!
When I just absolutely need that Banna funk in a cocktail I always reach for smith and cross.Best ForRated -1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- Douglas H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 45 - 54I'm More Into: Cocktails AND SippingMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) WhiskeyI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 starsWhy is all the rum gone?
Sublime. My favorite funky Jamaica rum. Perfect for your favorite Tiki drinks, or just mixing with lime and coconut water. Best when it's the star of show; not so much for drinks where a neutral rum is one of a big cast of characters.Best ForRated -2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- Annie V.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 35 - 44I'm More Into: Cocktails AND SippingMy Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Rum, WhiskeyI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 starsBrings the funk for reals
Delicious, bold Jamaican rum with that beautiful banana-type funk and sweetness that is nuanced and not syrupy. Watch out, though - this is a higher proof (57% I think? vs. many others around 40-42%) and might either need to be moderated in some cocktails - or just served with a warning that it's got a bit of a bite in that sweet!Best ForRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- Robert W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productI'm More Of A I Like 'Em Both!Age Range 35 - 44My Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) ScotchRated 5 starsGreat real rum!
I often get so tired of spiced rum or rum that tastes something like bacardi, but this rum is really refreshing and flavorful. A really unique taste. Goes really well in cocktails. I used it here in a flip.Best ForRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- Mikael R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productI'm More Of A CocktailerAge Range 35 - 44My Spirit of Choice (if forced to choose!) Mezcal, Whiskey, Aperitifs, Vodka, GinI Bought This For MyselfRated 5 starsIs a Rum
Absolutely one of the most interesting, delicious and funky rums on the market. Also extremely hard to find in my area.Best ForRated -2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
Gift message (optional)